This seminar focuses on the techniques borrowers use to manipulate their financial statements. Using case studies of large and small companies, you will learn the different approaches to finding financial statement fraud.
Length: 68 minutes
Who will benefit?
This seminar is for business bankers, analysts, and other lending professionals responsible for reviewing financial statements to determine the creditworthiness of borrowers. Because it contains essential information for anyone wanting to learn how financial statement fraud is committed and how it can be detected, this course is valuable for newcomers to the lending industry as well as seasoned professionals who want to sharpen their skills. For an understanding of how to detect fraudulent financial statements, participants should also take Financial Statement Fraud: The Numbers Never Lie…Or Do They? Part 2: How to Detect Falsified Financial Statements.
- Analyze 11 different ways a borrower can falsify financial statements and how each method affects the financial results of the borrower's company.
- Learn how each manipulation affects the balance sheet and income statement.
- Identify the difference between fraud and simply receiving a poor financial statement, and what each one means to the financial institution.
- Learn about eight ways to “cook the books” using inventory.
- Discover how crooks think and how understanding their mindset will improve your chances of catching them.
- Review how large companies, such as Enron, MCI, and Rite Aid, falsified their financial information, and learn from the “war stories” of how smaller, privately held companies have done the same thing.
Our Web seminars provide the following benefits:
- Cost-efficient and convenient — There’s no travel time, travel expenses, or time out of the office.
- Available 24/7 to suit your schedule
- Risk-free — You can go back and listen as often as you like within 30 days from the date of your first log-in.
- Safe and secure — Only those enrolled with the user ID and password can access the course.
- All you need is an Internet connection.
- Abobe Flash version 9 or higher.
- Recommeded screen size, 1024 x 768 pixels..
- Internet connection (high-speed broadband connection recommended).
- Speakers or a headset.
- Port 80 must be open both incoming and outgoing.
|Associate member price||$125.00|
|Professional member price||$125.00|
|Nonassociate at member institutions price||$125.00|