Adelphia and Enron were penalized by investors, regulators, and bankers for undisclosed off-balance-sheet risks. Bankers must be equipped to perform due diligence on clients’ financial statements. Learn to be aware of accounting practices that can impact your clients’ financial position.
Length: One 60-minute session
Who will benefit?
This seminar is for financial analysts and credit officers needing information on off-balance-sheet risks in clients’ financial statements.
- Understand the structure of leases and lease accounting with an emphasis on off-balance-sheet leases and related disclosure in the financial footnotes.
- Identify when affiliate organizations are consolidated on financial statements and when they are kept off balance sheets, along with the accounting implications on the financial statements of each scenario.
- Understand and identify basic off-balance-sheet items such as contingencies, commitments, and guarantees.
- Understand the basic elements of transactions using variable interest entities (formerly known as special-purpose vehicles).
- Windows Media Player
- 800 x 600 screen resolution.
- Internet connection (high-speed broadband connection recommended).
- Display driver settings: 16-bit color or better; font set to “Standard” or “Small.”
- Speakers or a headset.
- Port 80 must be open both incoming and outgoing.
|Associate member price||$125.00|
|Professional member price||$125.00|
|Nonassociate at member institutions price||$125.00|