Training in the core skills for commercial lending and credit
Examine the basic skills of credit. This introduction to commercial lending and credit will help you better understand what your customers need in order to run a strong business and what the bank needs in order to make sound lending decisions. This course should be used as a springboard to RMA’s core credit risk curriculum.
Who will benefit?
The RMA Lending Academy® I will benefit credit risk professionals who are new to banking (zero to three years), such as new hires, branch managers, those new to commercial lending, business development officers, and relationship officers who are required to read financial statements and tax returns. If you are a credit risk professional in a bank, government agency, or finance company that no longer offers basic credit training, this is the course for you.
- Learn basic accounting.
- Review interview and communication skills.
- Analyze industry, business, and management risks.
- Understand financial statement analysis.
- Examine personal and business tax returns.
- Examine personal financial statements.
- Explore basic cash flow analysis (does not include projections or sensitivity analysis).
Day 1 (8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Basic accounting review.
- Interview and communication skills.
- Analyzing industry, business, and management risks.
Day 2 and 3 (8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Financial statement analysis.
Day 4 (8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Personal and business tax returns.
- Personal financial statements.
Day 5 (8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Basic cash flow analysis (does not include projections or sensitivity analysis).
A basic understanding of accounting is recommended. You must complete the precourse accounting assignment before coming to class. On the first day, you will take an accounting assessment for self-evaluation.
This course requires you to complete a precourse assignment that should take approximately four to five hours.
All scheduled dates for this event are listed below. If there are no dates listed we do not currently have this event scheduled.