If your bank has found it increasingly difficult to find qualified credit analysts for loan officer development, you are not alone. Here in the Delaware Valley, many banks are experiencing a real shortage of analysts and new lenders, and yet few are able to commit the resources needed to mount a traditional credit-training program.
Presenting the RMA Philadelphia Commercial Lending School a comprehensive learning opportunity that meets your requirements for an integrated credit-training curriculum, without the need for your institution to invest in a customized, large-scale on-site program.
Designed to be the equivalent of a bank’s commercial-training program, the RMA Commercial Lending School offers an organized, sequenced group of six courses:
- Credit Analysis Basics & Financial Statement Spreading
- Analyzing Personal Financial and Tax Returns
- Analyzing Business Tax Returns
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Structuring Commercial Loans
- Write-Up Skills for New Lenders
The result is top-quality credit training offered within a framework that develops and reinforces skills your employees need to function independently as commercial analysts or lenders.
The RMA Commercial Lending School consists of 12 in-class meetings supplemented by substantial independent work and small group assignments. Classroom activities are spaced one or two weeks apart. Outside assignments consist of case problems and exercises that link with and reinforce classroom topics. Each assignment is reviewed and discussed in the next class meeting and is critiqued by the faculty. The program culminates with a large, comprehensive case. Satisfactory completion of the course is required for participants to receive a Certificate of Completion.
The school’s curriculum is built around six core courses and four cases developed exclusively for this school. The cases and assignments link the courses together as they reinforce the learning experience.
What makes the RMA Philadelphia Commercial Lending School a valuable learning experience for your staff?
- Same faculty used throughout the school improves instructor rapport and quality of learning.
- Rigorous case assignments and exercises provide practice and reinforcement between class sessions, building on the outstanding content of RMA and Caliber Training Partners courses.
- A logical flow of information and balanced course offerings mean participants develop and strengthen skills in all stages of the program.
- Time between classroom sessions permits more in-depth work on supplemental assignments.
- The faculty team reviews all work, providing detailed critiques of case assignments that enable participants to gauge their progress and benefit from individual coaching.
Participants must attend all classes and complete all assignments. Participants will need to demonstrate basic competency in accounting, particularly financial statements and the principles that govern their construction. If any registrants do not have that level of familiarity with accounting, we suggest they take RMA’s Financial Accounting self-study course before joining the class. This class does have pre-work and must be completed prior to the first class.
Register online or contact RMA's Customer Care directly at 800-677-7621.
All scheduled dates for this event are listed below. If there are no dates listed we do not currently have this event scheduled.