Understanding the risks inherent in real estate lending
Examine commercial real estate lending concepts and techniques for income-producing properties. Learn about key loan repayment sources, formulating conclusions with respect to a property’s success, net operating income (NOI) and its components, the role of appraisals and environmental assessments, and characteristics or key elements of various property types.
You will gain an appreciation for the important issues surrounding real estate finance and the skill to understand when you should take additional steps that require more specialized support. This course serves as a prerequisite to RMA’s Real Estate Lending Academy.
Who Will Benefit?
Real Estate Fundamentals in Commercial Lending is valuable for commercial loan officers, credit analysts and other lending or credit professionals who need to understand the basic concepts of commercial real estate lending.
- Identify the characteristics of the primary types of commercial real estate (CRE) loans.
- Recognize and evaluate the various risk areas involved in CRE loans.
- Evaluate and underwrite CRE project cash flow and loan repayment sources.
- Identify basic appraisal and environmental assessment concepts and requirements.
- Differentiate properties/projects and the related analysis.
- Apply CRE underwriting skills and techniques to actual borrowing requests.
It is recommended that you have an understanding of general commercial lending and credit analysis to benefit from this course, but it is not mandatory.
For in-bank classes only: Pre- and post-tests are available upon request.
All scheduled dates for this event are listed below. If there are no dates listed we do not currently have this event scheduled.