How to create lending structures that work
The objective of Structuring Commercial Loans I is to improve the probability that the financial institution will be repaid by providing participants with an understanding of the fundamental principles behind structuring seasonal, working capital, and term debt. Participants will learn to create lending structures that work!
Successful loan structuring centers on four key areas:
- The bank's goals
- The customer's goals
- Sources of repayment
- Loan elements: facility type, term, security, and third-party support
Who will benefit?
Structuring Commercial Loans I is designed for credit and lending professionals who want to strengthen their knowledge of the fundamentals of lending.
- Apply the concept of capital structure to ensure the best position for the lenders relative to other creditors.
- Recognize the role that loan covenants play in effectively mitigating risk in any transaction.
- Analyze and structure seasonal loans.
- Analyze and structure permanent working capital loans.
- Structure term loans.
Participants are expected to have a thorough knowledge of financial accounting, traditional financial statement analysis, and cash flow analysis. The open enrollment version of this course requires the participant to complete a pre-course assignment that should take approximately two hours.
All scheduled dates for this event are listed below. If there are no dates listed we do not currently have this event scheduled.