Those responsible for the real estate appraisal function and corresponding regulatory compliance will examine best practices in managing the valuation process, and converse with regulators on the Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines.
RMA's Real Estate Appraisal Managers Forum focuses on structuring, organizing, and effectively managing the real estate appraisal ordering and review function in your bank. The forum gives chief appraisers and other credit professionals who have the responsibility for real estate appraisals the opportunity to expand their knowledge on a variety of issues via structured presentations given by a lead facilitator, guest speakers who are industry experts, and open roundtable discussions with other attendees. The presentations and discussions will cover topics related to having an independent appraisal ordering and review process that complies with all regulatory expectations. The forum presents a unique opportunity for participants to meet and discuss common challenges with their peers.
Participants will benefit from the problem solving techniques discussed by their peers, regardless of size of the particular institution. Participants share information, ask questions, and exchange ideas to broaden their knowledge and understanding of the issues discussed. Best of all, attendees will have a network of peers to reach out to in the future.
Who will benefit?
- Chief appraisers at financial institutions with up to $5 billion in assets.
- Managers of internal real estate appraisal ordering and review functions.
- Managers of out-sourced real estate appraisal functions.
- Staff in appraiser departments at institutions with more than $5 billion in assets.
You will discuss:
- Regulatory issues: Interagency Guidelines, FIRREA, FDICIA, FFIEC, USPAP, and others.
- The impact of regulations on what banks can and cannot do.
- How to have an effective appraisal management process.
- Scope-of-Work development for appraiser engagement for a federally-related transaction.
- The bones of an appraisal - what's important.
- Cap rates and other economic dynamics in today's markets.
- Appraisal review with a chief appraiser.
- Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines with a regulator.
- Cool tools for ordering appraisals and preparing evaluations.
Participants are expected to have an understanding of the important elements of a commercial real estate appraisal and familiarity with the USPAP guidelines. Completion of RMA's course, Understanding and Interpreting Real Estate Appraisals, or its equivalent is required.
Read what past participants are saying about RMA's Real Estate Appraisal Managers Forum:
Good RMA Team, great attitudes, very eager to help, conscientious. Thank you!
The best forum on appraisals I have attended.
The forum was very useful. The person from the FDIC was very helpful in giving the regulators' perspective.
The flash drive is a great idea.
I would love to come back each year.
Skilled speakers who were very knowledgeable. All took the time to answer questions during presentations.Available Seats:   1
Continuing Education Credits:
NASBA CPE Hours:  12.0
RMA-CRC CEUs:  12.0
Federal Reserve Bank
101 Market Street
San Francisco, CA  94105
|Associate member price||$825.00|
|Professional member price||$875.00|
|Nonassociate at member institutions price||$875.00|